General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Pantry Foodbank are committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean The Pantry Foodbank. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are:
The Pantry Foodbank is an independent UK registered charity (#1167724) whose purpose is to provide emergency food supplies to the local community.
The Pantry Foodbank is a data controller under data protection legislation and contact details are shown at the end of this notice.
Information we gather:
We collect your information in the form of your name and contact details and store it on our digital database and paper files.
Your information is collected from:
- 1. Enquiry and contact forms on our website www.pantryfoodbank.org;
- 2. Email sent to/from any pantryfoodbank.org email account;
- 3. Contact via telephone numbers displayed on our website;
- 4. Information we receive from the internet, including social media.
We will use your information to:
- 1. Maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to: sending you information about our organisation;
- 2. Arrange appointments if necessary;
- 3. Maintain the accuracy of your information and communicate with you for any other reasons related to your requirements;
- 4. Share with other regulatory authorities and any other party when sharing of information is required by law.
What is the legal basis of processing your data:
The legal bases of processing your data are: ‘contract’, as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
Who will have access to the information:
We may share your information with third parties (in the case of liasing with external organisations) and data processors who may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above.
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against access, modification or misuse. We work to ensure your information is accessed by trustees, volunteers and third party partners on a needs-only basis.
How long will we keep your information:
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purposes listed above.
This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing or the data is no longer required or inaccurate.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information:
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold about you. All requests to update your personal data must be addressed to The Pantry Foodbank using the Contact form on the website www.pantryfoodbank or by direct email using the email@example.com address.
Failing to keep us updated with your personal data and contact details may lead to removal of your details from our database and consequently the need to re-register again where necessary.
You have the right to:
- 1) To keep us updated.
- 2) Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request to the contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request will be carried out free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- 3) Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
- 4) Request that we delete your personal data so it is totally erased from our records.
Enquiries and Complaints:
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires by email or using the contact form on our website www.pantryfoodbank.org.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us promptly. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as possible.
All complaints should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of The Pantry Foodbank Privacy Notice:
This Notice was last reviewed in May 2022.
We will notify you if there are significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us.